Permanent full-time position
Imagia Canexia Health is looking for an experienced DevOps Lead to join our team. You will build and manage a high-performing team responsible for building and managing the infrastructure, deployment of our platform to customer sites and its security. This role will have a high level of ownership towards the implementation of tools and best practices.
This position is a full-time position based in our Montreal Head Office or Vancouver Office with the possibility of hybrid remote work.
To be eligible for this position, an applicant must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
What you’ll do
- Build a highly performant and happy team.
- Improve processes to make your team more effective.
- Collaborate effectively with other team members.
- Plan and execute short and long term strategies.
- Conduct code reviews and make technical contributions to product architecture.
- Get involved in solving bugs and deliver new features.
- Foster collaborative technical decision-making within your team and make final decisions when necessary.
- Understand engineering metrics and seek to improve them.
Who you are
The person our team is looking to welcome:
The preferred candidate generally holds a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject, as well as a minimum of 5 years of experience in a Lead DevOps role with technical hands-on experience. Any equivalent combination of education and experience could also be considered.
- Experience with version control systems such as Git.
- Experience with Gitlab or other continuous integration and continuous delivery tools.
- You have in-depth experience with Docker and Kubernetes (GKE, RKE, EKS).
- Good understanding of container orchestration and deployments (Helm, ArgoCD/ Flux)
- Experience with monitoring tools (Prometheus, InfluxDB or others) and visualization tools (Grafana).
- Knowledgeable in at least of these scripting languages: Bash, Python or Golang.
- Experience in managing cloud infrastructure (AWS, Azure or GCP).
- Experience with Infrastructure-as-code (Terraform).
- You have experience with configuration management tools (Ansible, Chef, Puppet).
- You have networking knowledge (connectivity, DNS, encryption, firewall, OSI model, routing, TCP/ IP, VPN).
- Demonstrated issues analysis and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in both English and French as this role requires client-facing responsibilities from time to time.
- You have experience working with large scale distributed systems and microservices.
- Working knowledge of ElasticSearch (EFK) and/ or Loki.
- Working knowledge of Kafka deployment at scale.
- Experience with continuous value delivery and automation.
- Cloud architect certification (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Rancher certification
- CNCF Kubernetes administrator certification
Who we are
We believe everyone with cancer should have the same fighting chance to survive and thrive. We work in a rapidly evolving field that attracts smart, talented people who are committed to making a difference for cancer patients. But not everyone has access to the latest advances. People who join us are committed to bringing equity to critical aspects of cancer care. We are a lean and driven team building on this vision from the ground up.
Help us make cancer testing accessible to all
Imagia Canexia Health embraces a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce. We are an equal opportunity employer.